Click here to download:
To see children’s rights in Cambodia in the field of education and welfare are equally shared.
Support children in Cambodia to release them from their spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled adults.
Support children in Cambodia to release them from their spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and educate them to become responsible and fulfilled adults.
Program Approach and Methodology
Bright Future is a child sponsorship program that based on one-to-one and groups. The program will prioritize for a child for one sponsor and a sponsor will support a child only; but it will be opened for groups’ sponsorship too. Personal relationships between children and sponsors will be built through sending letters, pictures, gifts and prayers. The correspondence will be bridged by the child support workers. When the sponsors want to visit the children that they support, the Child Support Workers will accompany them in order to minimize the risks (or abuse, etc.). All the program staff also must understand, agree and sign the PPC Child Protection Policy. If possible, Bright Future will create ‘reserved sponsors’ in order to cover sponsors that cannot finish their commitment in supporting the children (e.g.: accidents, death, economic situation, etc.).
Children will be selected based on some criteria:
- Come from poor families (with less than USD 1/person/day)
- Children that are living with single parent (will be prioritized)
- Children without any support from other organizations
- The children’s parents agree that their children will be served and treated in Christian’s ways (and values)
- Children with ages between 6 to 17 years (except for some special cases)
- Bright Future will prioritize to start sponsoring the younger children (primary school : grade 1 to 3) that will be recruited through local churches (although they are not Christian yet)
Many children can not go to school because of the poverty, their parents is limited.